Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Why do you strive to emulate the female form?

This was a question posed in one of the groups I belong to and I thought I'd share my response on my blog...

Hum...while this may seem to be a straight forward question, in reality its not. I could simply say that since I'm transsexual that it is simply my true self being expressed, but it's more complex than that. Yes as one level it is because I'm transsexual, but I also truly enjoy all the choices I have when I dress as a women. The assortment of colors is much wider, the number of different styles is wonderful, the selection of different materials is simply great and that's just for clothes. The variety of shoes available is wonderful too, the colors, the heel heights, boots, sandals, mules, pumps, etc. are simply not even choices you have in men's clothing.

For me at least there is also the fit of the clothing. I've always been small for a man, which has never bothered me in the least. I have a 28" waist, a size that doesn't even exist in men's clothing; sure I can go to the boys department but then I can't find one with the right inseam or ones that will go over my hips (35"). A women's size 7/8 fits me perfectly. Also I have small feet for a male wearing a men's size 6 1/2...again a size that falls between the boy's and the men's department, but again is a size 8 in women's shoes...the most common women's shoe size.

All my life I frequently have cause others confusing as to my gender; frequently being confused with being a women...something I've never bothered to correct people when it occurs and at times have encouraged.

When it really comes down to it, it's because I'm a women stuck in the wrong body, but there are many factors that go into that...

No comments: